Sunday, April 1, 2007

Let the Bargains Begin!

Today is my 27th birthday. To kick off a new year, I've decided to start blogging in an effort to share my bargain sleuthing tactics with friends, family and whoever may be interested in getting the very best deal on the things that I buy.

I am not cheap, but I enjoy knowing I have paid the least possible price for the things I want. While I do like to save money, my competitive nature plays a large role role in my desire for bargains. When I know that I paid less than most others do for a particular item, I win!

As a sales executive myself, I know that the "price" of an item is always negotiable. Even on retail items, where a verbal negotiation may not take place, there are other ways to get your hands on what you want for less than the MSRP.

Stay tuned as I report on purchases of clothing, personal items, electronics and home goods. I'll share tips on finding the best deals on travel services, financial services, health club memberships and at the supermarket. I'll help you navigate the waters of internet shopping and eBay. Finally, I'll clue you in to some of my favorite generic brands that offer items just as good as the real thing.

Enjoy and feel free to share your shopping hints with me!


No comments: